I’m fortunate enough to have reached my teens just as computers were becoming widely available. My first computer was a ZX81, my first job, in 1984, was in IT.
I have worked in the field since then, in both public and private sectors. My current role, since 2014, is as a Software Developer with Qualsafe in Bradford. Day to day I work in Grails and with that the usual web technologies.
- Java including JSP/Servlets/Beans
- Android application development
- Linux (Redhat/Fedora/Ubuntu)
- SQL, especially MySQL
- Legacy languages including COBOL
- Low level languages include Z80 Assembler and Microchip PIC